Josh. Cali. McKallister. Oakland. Quincy. Camden. Murphy.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old...

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My friend, Cassie, recently shared with me a part of the Sunday I'll never remember but can't forget.
 
  "I sat by you in sacrament. Do you remember? It's ok if you don't. It's so insignificant for you that day, but I'll always remember. We kept laughing at Josh for some reason. Maybe cause he was making funny faces at the speakers or something. I remember how healthy and beautiful and happy you looked."

I don't remember any of that, but not because it was insignificant like she mentioned- but because of the medication I was given before transport on the helicopter. Before she told me this, I liked to think that I was kind to those I saw at church that day, said hello to friends I passed in the hall, felt the spirit, participated in the lesson maybe? I know on Saturday I loved the lake with my family, we enjoyed dinner together, we talked we laughed.

My parents used to have a rule that whenever they or one of us were fighting, we were not allowed to get in the car and leave. They always told us that you would never want to have something happen on that note, or let the other person suffer through the last thing they said in a fight if you got in a car accident.

So the most important thing Cassie said was that I looked happy and I laughed with her. If that would have been my last day, then that literally would have been within my last few hours- I'm so glad it was! I'm grateful that while everyone has some regrets or things they wish they would have done differently, I was currently in LOVE with life and my family and my friends. And I'm even more grateful that I have my second chance to try and improve myself and love this life even more every day!

We don't know what is going to happen to us tomorrow. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old. That is one thing that I can give evidence to! I know how precious life is. So, what if today was the last day you had on this earth? Will people remember you being happy, positive, kind, helping them, smiling, radiant? Or will they remember that you yelled at them, or weren't grateful, or were unkind to a stranger?

Please, for my sake, hug and kiss your loved ones goodbye and then pull them back for another hug and kiss. Spend time with your friends. Laugh at jokes. Prepare yourself to return to God's presence. Hold your hubbies hand. Have a conversation with an old friend. Serve someone. Dote on your kids. Say all your I love you's, sorries, thank you's, forgive me's now!!

And have an incredibly awesome October!
Cam was far more interested in the pumpkins and trying to stay awake than smiling for me!


2 comments:

 
site design by designer blogs