Josh. Cali. McKallister. Oakland. Quincy. Camden. Murphy.

Everyday angels on earth...

Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 3 I met some very important angels on earth, the rest of my set. These 5 people started off the miracle that saved my life. And those two lil babes have kept me going after...


After the story regarding my Amniotic Fluid Embolism was published in the AirRescue Magazine, Amanda and Windi wanted to make sure the 911 dispatchers received a copy because they were such a huge part of it. They decided to meet up with them and then show them the presentation that My Girls have given at the AMTC for the last two years and we were invited!

Last year, I listened to the 911 call Josh made to the dispatchers. I have lost 5 days of memory during that time so this was the first thing that made it real for me. My heart felt like it was going to burst open when I heard Josh pleadingly say my name. It was torn when I heard Oakland crying in the background. I was hurt and confused when I heard myself making a prolonged, low, inarticulate sound that could only be from intense physical suffering. But more than that, I was in awe of how Josh held his composure together. How he thanked the operator multiple times throughout the call. How she kept him calm, distracted but focused, and guided him through CPR.
 
 
Amanda and Windi, (above) and whom I refer to as My Girls most the time, were the ladies that life flighted me to the hospital. They got up and thanked everyone in the room. Sheriffs, officers, 911 operators, my pilot, etc. and pointed out Courtney. As I turned to see who she was, my eyes filled with tears and it felt like my heart was going to jump right out of my mouth. I couldn't focus so turned back around to try and compose myself. Then I turned to see her again, and when she looked at me, all I could do was mouth, "Thank you." How can you properly thank someone for such an impactful moment in your life? All day, everyday, she is painting a picture for those first responders arriving at scenes all over Tooele. She is listening to horrific calls, sometimes not knowing the outcome, and she is doing all this to help others. Or in my case, start the process of saving a life.
 

 
 
 
After the presentation, they played the 911 tape again. Josh and my Mom won't/can't listen to it so took the kids out of the room. And a typical example of my relationship with Windi took place. Her protecting me. Sitting and comforting me while I listened to the call again. This picture captures the way I view our relationship so wonderfully...perhaps I will have it framed. :)

 
Now, what none of us expected was the news and media to be there! Some of these pictures are blurry but I had to add them still because of how crazy that day was. The emotions were running high, we were trying to keep ourselves composed, all while talking about how amazing each other were/are.


As a side note, I really loved this camera man, Winston. He was rad.
Then my family was able to tour where the magic happens, Courtney walked us through an example call. The system they have is amazing. It gives them questions to ask, which moves them to the next question, which prompts them to say or start something else. When trying to determine if my breathing was normal, it gave her the power to enter in each breath I take to the system to help her. I never knew that so much took place in those calls.
 
 
The camera man pictured above (I don't remember his name!) talked to me after for a minute and told me, "I listen to a lot of 911 calls for my job and meet a lot of families, but not all of them have the same effect that today has brought on me. It took a lot for me to keep my emotions in check while listening to your call, Josh and Courtney are amazing."
 
I agree, Josh and Courtney are amazing. Yvonne is amazing. Windi and Amanda are amazing. My Dr's and Nurses are amazing. My family is amazing. My friends are amazing. My life is amazing.
 
 

And of course, I have to thank my Mom who drove to Tooele to meet these fabulous people, only to keep Camden happy, watch Oakland and take pictures for me. She's kind of like Superwomen.

2 comments:

  1. I prefer Wonder Woman over Super Woman; her outfit is more my style!! Besides, you're the super one!!! Thank you Courtney! Thank you Yvonne! Thank you girls!! Thank you Josh - and I love you!! Now we just need to go see that cute male nurse that took such good care of you - and all of us! - while you were in ICU! As well as the other docs and nurses. I think they would all be pleasantly surprised to see the outcome of their work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I worked in an adult ICU for 9 years and honestly the dispatchers and first responders are the difference between a good outcome and a bad one. I am so glad you got to meet them.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs