Josh. Cali. McKallister. Oakland. Quincy. Camden. Murphy.

Happy Birthday Mac!

Saturday, June 27, 2009


It was one year ago today that my little nephew was born. Stillborn. I've never had a very good memory, but I can remember June 27th, 2008 as if it were yesterday. It's a day I will never forget, because it's the day I was blessed to hold an angel!

Mac, for as long as I live, I will never forget the feeling in the room when I held you for the first and last time. It's the closest thing to heaven I've ever felt. You were the purest, most holy little person I have ever held in my arms and I feel so honored to have been able to share those brief moments on earth with you.

I want you to know that during the few moments I held you in my arms, you forever changed me. As I looked at you, I saw the person I want to become. I saw into the eternities and was reminded of what's really important (the gospel & family) and that everything else in life (aka: the "temporary stuff") should never take priority over "eternal stuff."

Most importantly Mac, you brought me closer to my Savior. You helped me learn that hard times, sacrifice, and suffering are important and necessary steps in our journey to becoming more like our Savior and for that I am especially grateful.

Mac I love you! I miss you every time we get together as a family and you are not there. I miss that you and Bryson will never get to play together on this earth. But I know you are where you are suppose to be, fulfilling the special mission God has prepared just for you--a mission on the other side that only you are qualified to fulfill.

Mac, you have touched so many lives on the earth you never even lived to see! Someday your parent's will tell you all about it. You are amazing and have blessed us all!

I love you and can't wait to see you again!

Love,
Your Aunt Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs